Alzheimers South Canterbury
Alzheimers South Canterbury has been making a difference to the lives of those affected by dementia for over 25 years. We provide a range of social work, support and education to the people and families in our region that are affected by dementia. We see a significant increase in people affected by dementia every year, and the caring and professional Alzheimers South Canterbury staff, volunteers and committee are committed to making life better for all people affected by it.
Jan Hide - Patron
Diane Nutsford – President
Marilyn Scott – Vice President
Barbara Ensor – Secretary
Isobel Boyce – Treasurer
We are here to help!
- monthly support groups in Timaru, Waimate and Geraldine
- regular home visits and telephone support by the community liaison officer
- education and information by way of written material and seminars
- referrals for ongoing support to other agencies
- providing discounted Total Mobility Taxi Vouchers
- supplying ID bracelets
- social events
- an extensive library of books and DVDs
- monthly walking group and coffee groups.
- quarterly newsletters
People can contact us directly or referrals can be made through your general practitioner, most community agencies and the Timaru Hospital.
We hold regular seminars for those affected with, and by, dementia. Please get in touch for more information or register your interest by emailing: email@example.com
Call for better understanding of dementia care
Posted 24 April 2013
Scam Alert from "newyearsupport"
Posted 25 February 2013
Posted 18 February 2013
National Dementia Awareness Campaign
Posted 04 February 2013
Younger Onset Dementia Forum
Posted 14 January 2013
Congratulations Alzheimers Rotorua
Posted 11 October 2012
Alzheimers New Zealand launches national awareness campaign
Posted 04 September 2012
Dementia made a national health priority in Australia
Posted 15 August 2012