The thAlzheimers Manawatu is based in Palmerston North provides support, information, carer information sessions and to all people affected by dementia accross the Manawatu, including Levin, Otaki and Dannevirke areas.
Alzheimers Manawatu is based in Palmerston North provides support, information, carer information sessions and to all people affected by dementia accross the Manawatu, including Levin, Otaki and Dannevirke areas.
- Day Programme Centres offer people with dementia the opportunity to socially interact with others within a varied and stimulating programme which is managed by trained staff. Programs are currently offered in Palmerston, Levin, Dannevirke and Fielding.
- Monthly Carer Support groups in Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua gives carers opportunities to discuss with each other day to day issues and enable them to support each other with a support facilitator.
- A early stage group for clients with early stage dementia is offered to enable social interaction and maintain regular exercise or creative expression through walking or art. The type of activity is dependent on the time of the year i.e. walking group in the warmer weather and art in the Winter.
- Our Field Officer provides assessment, education and support to the all people affected by dementia within the Community.
Services provided include
- Field officers
- Monthly Support Groups
- Home visits and assessments
- Social activities including a walking and art groups
- MKC (Mariona Kennedy Centre) Clubs providing social groups for people with dementia and respite for carers
- Information sessions to carers and families throughout the region
Please contact us for more information on any of the above services.
Alzheimers NZ urges G8 Dementia Summit to commit to international dementia planning
Posted 10 December 2013
Ageing well - living healthier
Posted 06 December 2013
Musician donates portion of proceeds to Alzheimers NZ
Posted 05 December 2013
A holiday gift guide for people living with dementia
Posted 05 December 2013
Alzheimers NZ appoints Clinical Advisor
Posted 03 December 2013
Funding for public awareness of dementia to encourage early diagnosis
Posted 25 November 2013
Colin Mathura-Jeffree visits Porirua Support Group
Posted 19 November 2013
Glittering event raises funds to boost quality care
Posted 11 November 2013
Board Member Dr Chris Perkins' on Nine to Noon
Posted 03 October 2013
Alzheimers NZ and Bupa reaffirm commitment to lifting quality of care for people with dementia
Posted 26 September 2013