To acknowledge 25 years of Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty’s valued support in our community, Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is proud to present ‘Too Important to Forget’ – A Black Tie Fundraising Function and Charity Auction for Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty, featuring a charity auction, entertainment by Elizabeth Marvelly, guest speakers, special guests and exquisite nibbles and refreshments. This cocktail evening will be held in the Library foyer of Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi, Friday 1st November 2013 from 7-10pm.
Many local individuals, businesses and organisations have given generously to support this event, by donating auction items free of charge. Some of these include
- Accommodation & meal package for 2 people plus white Island trip from White Island Tours.
- A catering package for 10 people by local Celebrity chef Virginia Iovine-Turner of Cucina Amore.
- Artwork by contemporary Maori artist Jamie Boynton.
- Spa vouchers from Ohiwa Day Spa.
- Peejays/White Island Tours accommodation/White Island trip.
- Chiefs signed rugby jersey & framed autograph.
- Signed league jersey by Benji Marshall.
- One weeks accommodation (17 March to 23 March 2014) Oceans Resort Whitianga.
- Framed photography by Simone Magner.
- Childrens Quilt
Plus many more.
Our goal is to raise a total of $25,000 to match the 25 years of service and support that Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty provides in the Whakatane, Kawerau and the Opotiki regions.
For further information, please contact
Jo Finlay - PROevents
Alzheimers Bay of Plenty provides a range of support for people with dementia and their carers and in the Whakatane, Kawarau and the Opotiki regions. Alzheimers Eastern Bay of Plenty does not have a district health board contract; instead, they rely on the kind donations of the public and on grants.
Dunedin musician donates portion of proceeds to Alzheimers NZ
Posted 05 December 2013
A holiday gift guide for people living with dementia
Posted 05 December 2013
Alzheimers NZ appoints Clinical Advisor
Posted 03 December 2013
Funding for public awareness of dementia to encourage early diagnosis
Posted 25 November 2013
Colin Mathura-Jeffree visits Porirua Support Group
Posted 19 November 2013
Glittering event raises funds to boost quality care
Posted 11 November 2013
Board Member Dr Chris Perkins' on Nine to Noon
Posted 03 October 2013
Alzheimers NZ and Bupa reaffirm commitment to lifting quality of care for people with dementia
Posted 26 September 2013
World Alzheimer Report 2013 calls for increase in quality of services for people with dementia
Posted 19 September 2013
Faces of Dementia website - update
Posted 03 September 2013