To acknowledge 25 years of Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty’s valued support in our community, Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is proud to present ‘Too Important to Forget’ – A Black Tie Fundraising Function and Charity Auction for Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty, featuring a charity auction, entertainment by Elizabeth Marvelly, guest speakers, special guests and exquisite nibbles and refreshments. This cocktail evening will be held in the Library foyer of Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi, Friday 1st November 2013 from 7-10pm.
Many local individuals, businesses and organisations have given generously to support this event, by donating auction items free of charge. Some of these include
- Accommodation & meal package for 2 people plus white Island trip from White Island Tours.
- A catering package for 10 people by local Celebrity chef Virginia Iovine-Turner of Cucina Amore.
- Artwork by contemporary Maori artist Jamie Boynton.
- Spa vouchers from Ohiwa Day Spa.
- Peejays/White Island Tours accommodation/White Island trip.
- Chiefs signed rugby jersey & framed autograph.
- Signed league jersey by Benji Marshall.
- One weeks accommodation (17 March to 23 March 2014) Oceans Resort Whitianga.
- Framed photography by Simone Magner.
- Childrens Quilt
Plus many more.
Our goal is to raise a total of $25,000 to match the 25 years of service and support that Alzheimer’s Eastern Bay of Plenty provides in the Whakatane, Kawerau and the Opotiki regions.
For further information, please contact
Jo Finlay - PROevents
Alzheimers Bay of Plenty provides a range of support for people with dementia and their carers and in the Whakatane, Kawarau and the Opotiki regions. Alzheimers Eastern Bay of Plenty does not have a district health board contract; instead, they rely on the kind donations of the public and on grants.
Alzheimers NZ 2014 Conference registrations open
Posted 29 July 2014
Questions to Political Parties Ahead of General Election
Posted 17 July 2014
Blood test for Alzheimer's disease
Posted 09 July 2014
Countdown Appeal now on
Posted 02 July 2014
Dementia and Driving Safety resource released
Posted 16 June 2014
World Dementia Council publishes Statement of Purpose
Posted 03 June 2014
Good news for the quality of care and support for people with dementia
Posted 03 June 2014
World Dementia Envoy addresses conference delegates
Posted 12 May 2014
World Dementia Council meets for the first time
Posted 02 May 2014