Alzheimers Canterbury is delighted to support the launch of this beautiful CD. Kate Sproule is a 13 year old Canterbury school girl who has written three very personal songs as a tribute to honour her Grandmother who has dementia.
Kate has generously donated all proceeds from the sale of her CDs to Alzheimers Canterbury.
They are available to purchase either:
- By visiting our offices at 314 Worcester Street, Christchurch (8.30am – 4.30pm weekdays) - $10.00 each
- Or Deposit $12.50 (includes postage/handling) into Acc 12 3240 0097 861 00 (please ensure your reference details show “CD/ and your name”) then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address you wish to have the CD sent to.
Thanks for supporting Alzheimers Canterbury and the amazing initiative and talent of Kate Sproule.
About Alzheimers Canterbury
In the early 1980s there was little public awareness of Alzheimer’s disease in New Zealand and virtually no support services were available to people with dementia and their carers. This prompted a small group of Christchurch social workers to form the first ever support group in New Zealand dedicated to helping people care for those with dementia.
Support groups for carers remain an integral part of Alzheimers Canterbury and as the organisation has grown and developed, it has incorporated the important roles of education, volunteering, advocacy and support to all people affected by dementia. Alzheimers Canterbury's services have now been extended and now covers the West Coast, Ashburton region, North Canterbury and Kaikoura.
Our Social Work service is an integral part of the support offered by Alzheimers Canterbury to people diagnosed with dementia and their families/whānau.
The social work team can assist people with:
- understanding dementia
- coming to terms with a diagnosis
- adapting to changes within relationships
- grief and loss related to change
- education and information
- future planning
- reducing stress and social isolation
- managing behavioural changes
- legal and financial issues
- providing Total Mobility Taxi Vouchers
Alzheimers NZ urges G8 Dementia Summit to commit to international dementia planning
Posted 10 December 2013
Ageing well - living healthier
Posted 06 December 2013
Musician donates portion of proceeds to Alzheimers NZ
Posted 05 December 2013
A holiday gift guide for people living with dementia
Posted 05 December 2013
Alzheimers NZ appoints Clinical Advisor
Posted 03 December 2013
Funding for public awareness of dementia to encourage early diagnosis
Posted 25 November 2013
Colin Mathura-Jeffree visits Porirua Support Group
Posted 19 November 2013
Glittering event raises funds to boost quality care
Posted 11 November 2013
Board Member Dr Chris Perkins' on Nine to Noon
Posted 03 October 2013