New Zealand Golf Large Cup Championships
Golf enthusiasts come and play in the inaugural New Zealand Golf Large Cup Championships on November 12 - 14th 2014 at the Templeton Golf Club for a chance to win a National Title! The event is over three days with three different start times available.
We are very grateful that Alzheimers Canterbury is one of three beneficiaries of this exciting championship, so please enter and support all people affected by dementia in the Canterbury region.
For more information go to www.nzgolflargecup.co.nz/home/events.
Alzheimers Awareness Week - Appeal Days Friday 19th and Saturday 20th September 2014
Many thanks to everyone for their wonderful support during our Appeal Days and special thanks to all our volunteer collectors, staff, Executive and families for helping to collect over these two days. The buckets of money are still being counted but so far the total will more than match last year's one. A great effort by everyone.
I sing for 'Alzheimers'
Alzheimers Canterbury is delighted to support this beautiful CD. Kate Sproule is a Canterbury school girl who at 13 years of age wrote three very personal songs as a tribute to honour her Grandmother who has dementia.
Kate has generously donated all proceeds from the sale of her CDs to Alzheimers Canterbury.
They are available to purchase either:
- By visiting our offices at 314 Worcester Street, Christchurch (8.30am – 4.30pm weekdays) - $10.00 each
- Or Deposit $12.50 (includes postage/handling) into Acc 12 3240 0097 861 00 (please ensure your reference details show “CD/ and your name”) then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address you wish to have the CD sent to.
Thanks for supporting Alzheimers Canterbury and the amazing initiative and talent of Kate Sproule.
Our Social Work service is an integral part of the support offered by Alzheimers Canterbury to people diagnosed with dementia and their families/whānau.
The social work team can assist people with:
- understanding dementia
- coming to terms with a diagnosis
- adapting to changes within relationships
- grief and loss related to change
- education and information
- future planning
- reducing stress and social isolation
- managing behavioural changes
- legal and financial issues
- providing Total Mobility Taxi Vouchers
Message from Hon Maggie Barry, Minister for Senior Citizens
Posted 20 November 2014
Thank you for a successful conference
Posted 19 November 2014
Diagnosed at 49 and still living well
Posted 13 November 2014
Dementia is the leading cause of death for women in Wales and England
Posted 30 October 2014
Posted 17 October 2014
Email scam alert
Posted 07 October 2014
Mental Health Foundation opens a ‘wellbeing bank’ for baby boomers
Posted 06 October 2014
Don't fence me in
Posted 02 October 2014
Reuben Thorne walks to raise awareness of dementia
Posted 22 September 2014