Alzheimers New Zealand Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation with 21 Alzheimers member organisations located throughout the country that provide support, information, education programmes and services appropriate to their local community.
These services may include:
- Support for spouses, partners, families and friends coping with the demands of caring
- Information and education to assist with understanding diagnosis and assessment
- Information to help cope with the financial challenges of providing support
- Befriending services and day programmes for people with dementia
To get in touch with your local organisation, phone 0800 004 001, or click here for a list of contact details.
At a national level, Alzheimers New Zealand represents people with dementia, their carers and families/whānau, through advocacy, raising public awareness and providing information such as resources, a library and the quarterly publication Alzheimers News. We also support the work of our member organisations.
To get in touch with national office please phone 04 381 2362 or email email@example.com for enquiries or information.
Alzheimers New Zealand aims to:
- Provide information and promote high standards of education for people with dementia, their carers and families and health professionals
- Provide national advocacy, and raise government awareness of the needs of people with dementia and their carers
- Provide support to all member organisations
- Honour the Treaty of Waitangi by developing a working relationship with Māori in the provision of dementia services
To find out how you can help people with dementia in New Zealand please click here.
Ageing well - living healthier
Posted 06 December 2013
Musician donates portion of proceeds to Alzheimers NZ
Posted 05 December 2013
A holiday gift guide for people living with dementia
Posted 05 December 2013
Alzheimers NZ appoints Clinical Advisor
Posted 03 December 2013
Funding for public awareness of dementia to encourage early diagnosis
Posted 25 November 2013
Colin Mathura-Jeffree visits Porirua Support Group
Posted 19 November 2013
Glittering event raises funds to boost quality care
Posted 11 November 2013
Board Member Dr Chris Perkins' on Nine to Noon
Posted 03 October 2013
Alzheimers NZ and Bupa reaffirm commitment to lifting quality of care for people with dementia
Posted 26 September 2013
World Alzheimer Report 2013 calls for increase in quality of services for people with dementia
Posted 19 September 2013